DIVISION OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
In 1929, along with the other 5 departments, there was the Department of Organic Chemistry founded within the Faculty of Chemistry of Moscow State University. It was headed by Academician N.D. Zelinsky. In 1939 he was succeeded by Academician S.S. Nametkin. During the years of the Great Patriotic War the Moscow group of the Department was headed by Academician V.M. Rodionov (1942-1944), and the staff evacuated to Ashkhabad was headed by Professor A.P. Terentiyev who became a corresponding member of USSR Academy of Sciences in 1953. After that the Department was headed by Academicians A.N. Nesmeyanov (1944-1978) and O.A. Reutov (1978-1994), N.S. Zefirov (1994-2014).
Since 2014 the department has been headed by Professor V.G. Nenajdenko.
Tel: (495) 939-22-76
Booklet on the chair (2016)
There are 7 laboratories within the department.
Laboratory of Organic Synthesis
Head of the laboratory – Professor Valentin Georgievich Nenajdenko
Laboratory of Organoelemental Compounds
Head of the laboratory – Full member of Russian Academy of Sciencies, Professor Irina Petrovna Beletskaya
Laboratory of Bioactive Organic Compounds
Head of the laboratory – Professor Nikolay Vasiliyevich Zyk
Laboratory of Coordinate Organometallic Compounds
Head of the laboratory – Professor Dmitry Anatoliyevich Lemenovsky
Laboratory of Physical Organic Chemistry
Head of the laboratory – Professor Valery Samsonovich Petrosyan
Laboratory of Supramolecular Chemistry and Technology of Organic Materials
Head of the laboratory – Corresponding member of Russian Academy of Sciencies, Professor Sergey Panteleimonovich Gromov
Laboratory of Physico-Chemical Methods of Research
Head of the laboratory – Professor Albert Tarasovich Lebedev